Dwarf Puffer won't eat anything but snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Had my post been in sequence, it would have been a reply to your question of RTR. Unfortunately, it seems as though someone replied before I did, and that makes me look foolish. Try reading it as a reply to your question of RTR, and see what you think. Thanks for looking it over and seeing what I really meant, and that I DID read the beginning of the thread. Which I did. I'm not that stupid. Give me some credit here..and don't be so quick to criticize.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Another thing--the thread title obviously refers to what I "must have overlooked". Did you really think that I was stupid enough to enter a post with such an obvious title and say something that non sequitur w/o any clue about the start of the thread? If you did...I'm sorry, but know that I am nowhere near that dumb.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Grindal worms have no crunch at all, might as well be feeding puree. Baby guppies have almost no crunch. Snails have lots of crunch. If you are feeding your snails well, they will provide a good staple diet (You are what your prey eats).

You said that you were running out of snails and then discussed moving to other, unsuitable, foods, how else was I to interpret your post?

You are quite welcome, good luck to you and your fish.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Nobody is mad about what you had posted. I am a little miffed that mak would think so poorly of me, but your idea was a good one. Good luck with cleaning out that tank (but don't do it too quickly, unless you want to buy snails!!!)

TrashmanTodd

AC Members
Jan 27, 2002
Reno, NV
No Prob! Chi

Yea awhile ago I saw a couple of snails in my 75. Then a couple of days later I saw some empty shells and thought nothing of it. Then the other day I look at the bottom of my tank and they were everywhere. So the puffers have a little work to do first.

Todd

mak

AC Members
May 6, 2003
Central Nebraska
Visit site
Wow, sorry I took so long to reply and that I stepped on some toes. Humor doesnt come across the key board very well does it. I sure apologise for insulting you, I was really just teasing with the last post. You know, elbow in the ribs kind of thing? I'm gonna have to quit that.
I've been stressed over this little guy and his diet since I bought him and I had tons of snails but they have reduced the numbers to the point I'm crushing the large snails for them. The female is round and fat while he looks as skinny as a knife blade.

Again, sorry for the diss, didn't mean it, and thanks for all the suggestions!
mak

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store