EARTHQUAKE!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What provisions have you made to keep your fish safe in an earthquake?

• have 'quake proofed my tank(s) - Anchored to wall, stand, cushioned area around tank, specialty tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did something in between these choices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
lived in quake country for 18 years.... never going back. i'll stick with tornadoes and hurricanes, at least you can see and hear those coming.

and run away

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
No earthquakes here up in the north. Sooooooooooooo cold though. The coldest it has been for a while is -45C

necigrad

AC Members
Feb 7, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Probably the only way I can think of to prepare is to maybe store a few empty goldfish bowls, probably acrilyic, with a few supplies like food, filters, etc. I don't know that there is an effective way to immobilise a tank well enough to keep it from falling. You can strap your water heater, but a water heater isn't set on a table of some type, so the center of gravity is lower.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
And the only thing that has affected MN is when Mount Saint Helen's blew her top....and has anyone heard about Yellowstone recently......her ground has risen 3 feet in the last 100 years and when she gets ready to blow....look out..no safe place in the US or CANADA...but yeah all we have to be afraid of here in MN is the very cold weather and the mosquitos:eek3:

d_thomas_cg

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Cleveland, OH
No quakes here, we just worry about katrina II, although there was a quake about 50 yearsr ago that made the Mississippi river flow backwards for three days, i would LOVE to see that while im stationed here on it.

tha cichlid man

University Of South Central
Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles,Ca
4.2........ i wouldnt even get out of bed for 4.2 if its under 5-6 ill sit back and enjoy the rumble.

a little movement every so often is so much better then tornadoes and hurricanes or even floods.
I totally agree, I'll lived here in L.A. for over 30 years and the worst earthquake I was in was just a couple of pictures falling off the wall, Now tornadoes & hurricanes that's scary!:eek3:

magakitty

Normal people scare me
Apr 5, 2007
Palm Springs
mysobrietyspace.ning.com
yeah - 4.2 is a kiddie ride, but it got me thinking because we've had a couple of really good ones here in the valley in the past 2-3 years... Ones that broke stuff... And of course, since the san andeas is one of the many, many faults here in the wonderful Coachella Valley, and it is supposedly long overdue for a HUGE one....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store