Easiest to breed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Out of these fish which do you think would be the easiest to breed?:

.Ram
.Krib
.Red Breasted Acara
.Umberella Cichlid
.Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid
.African Butterfly Cichlid
.Panda Dwarf Cichlid

Sorry for the long list but these are the only cichlids available to me that I can have.
Thanks

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Krib

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Okay, I havent had much luck with my krib pair atm. They dig, have their own territory and caves and even "flirt" with eachother but they never actually spawn :( I must be a reall bad fish breeder cos even my endlers wont breed XD are there any reasons for this? thanks

tigi78840

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Del Rio,(AKA The Seventh Circle of Hell), Texas
Real Name
Tanya
You have alot of cover for the endler fry? I can't help much w/ kribs, as I am a beginner atm w those myself, but I bet you your endlers are breeding, and maybe the fry are being eaten. I would think as long as you have the ability to keep endler's alive, you won't be able to stop them from breeding,lol, if you have alot of floating plants( or a good wad, anyway,) you will probably be having fry in no time, but I also think If you have the endlers in the tank w/ kribs,(especially if the kribs are bigger, and with no floating plants) your endler babies are probably lunch.( or that would be my guess, anyway)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Try feeding some live or frozen foods to help condition them. Are you sure they don't have wigglers, the parents move them around. A 20g long for the pair with a couple choices of spawning areas is good. Plan to remove the parents or at least the male, he'll be ready to spawn again & tired of fry care & "forget" to spit them out. We still had some survivors even leaving him in, helped with population contrl.

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
okay, with the endlers they dont even get pregnant because I look literally everyday and they always look sort-of "non-pregnant". Ive tried everything with my krib and i dont know whether to give up on them but you guys say they are the easiest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store