Emergency Help Needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
If I was a fish, I would probably enjoy it. Imagine if a giant ripped the roof off of your house, and dumped an entire giant sized bag of marshmallows on you. That would be the. Best. Thing. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
marshmallows are no good without chocolate...

BucketFishWife

AC Members
May 29, 2012
A few things:

1. You've got some really good advice here, I hope you see some humor in it too. It was an accident, everybody makes those. And every time my husband hits his head, I laugh. Same thing going on here.
2. If a giant dropped marshmallows through my roof, I would use them as pillows and eat them. How awesome!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
OK time to fess up---------

Yes it happened. Whole can, poof right into the tank.

1) first thing I did was to shut off the filter
2) I waited for all the food to settle
3) drug out the vac and started vac'ing the whole tank getting as much food up as I could
4) vac the gravel well to get up as much mulm as possible
5) replaced all the filter material (I use poly fiber)
6) refilled the tank and turned filter back on.

The reason I vac'd the gravel an got most of any mulm I could get was to reduce the amount in-case I didn't get all the food that got dropped in. By shutting off the filter first, it stopped it from loading up the filter and stopped water movement allowing the food to drift down faster. When it had settled, it was on plants decor and everything, I was able to vac most of it up. I ended up with about about an 80% waterchange that I let gravity siphon while vac'ing.

I expect to have a mini-cycle happen and in the meantime I will be watching the water parameters close so I can do more changes as needed.

OK- some of you busted me! Congratulations! :)

countryboy

AC Members
Jul 20, 2012
CNY
At this rate you'll be at 6,000 posts in no time. :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store