Enter Mega Snail.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
What size is that tank? Why is it so cloudy? Are you aware of the dietary needs for bridgesii snails?
That too.. I'm guessing the tank was JUST set up..

H3D, you are killing me.. I would love shrimpies, but so would all of my fish!

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
lol yes it was literally JUST set up. It's not cloudy any more.

I'm going to feed him sinking stuff. Left over veggies from my beardies... suff like that. I'm no snail expert.

No there is no MEGA FILTRATION lol. I'm not worried about it at all. He's just going to get mega water changes. I know snails can be really dirty. That's why he's not going in with my fish.

I didn't know people were so concerned over the well being of snails haha. Awsome.

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
Man, I didn't know snails could get that big... then again, anytime any ever show up in my tanks my crayfish eat them. I want a huge snail now! lol

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
It is a big snail. Well atleast for me... cant say I've seen many snails in my day. It's bigger than a golfball! That's a Mega Snail in my book.

Tank size... I honestly am not sure. I'd say 2 gallons.

Am I being a snail abuser?

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
Am I being a snail abuser?

A snail like that needs at least 5 gallons of water. They have humongous bioloads and are sensitive to parameter swings. If his shell doesn't erode from the cycle then I'm banking he dies from malnutrition..

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
I forgot to mentioned I added an airstone tonight. Don't know if he needs it, but it looks better.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store