Enter Mega Snail.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
heater
filter
bigger tank
proper diet

Please don't write it off as 'just a snail'

Last edited by a moderator:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I think this is a bridgesii, in which case a 2g tank is a little small. I would prefer it was filtered, but a heater is probably unecessary depending on your ambient temps. In an ideal world, it would have a minimum of 2.5g per snail. Feed it calcium rich foods (veggies are easy, things like green beans). I would do frequent water changes (several times a week) if you plan on keeping it in that tank.

And guys, its one snail, the tank is not that aggregiously small, so be careful with your accusations please. People are here to LEARN.

Please post if you have any other questions. I am sure you are going to enjoy your snail! They have tons of personality. Also, they do get along with most community fish, with the exceptions of loaches.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
It actually looks more like a 1g, perhaps AGA or Petco's 1g Minibow.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Bridgesii need to be in a tank of at least 3 gallon that is heavily filtered, heated, fed properly, and most important of all cycled. The tank you described is brand new, and I'm guessing so is everything in there.

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Thank you Jinkzd. Probably the best snail advice I've ever heard. You're right, he is a bridgesii.

The room I keep him in is extremely warm. If I add a heater I'm afraid I'll cook him.

I might upgrade him to a 2.5 in the near future. He's lookin' a little lonely.

abi88

Unknown species
Sep 8, 2008
---ish,Wa
www.myspace.com
Megatron is AWESOME!!:) How is he doing now?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Hmm... a tank with one ginormous snail may be someting interesting for my niece.... By the way, am I guilty of snail abuse for squashing all of the snails I find in my garden?

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Above poster you are a terrible human being!!! How could you!!? Snails deserve better...

Haha... I kid.

Anyways Megatron is doing Marvelous! Without a heater and all the fancy deitary needs and filters. Water changes alone are keepin' him plenty healthy. I swear I could here him saying "I wuv you." in snail language.

Except for you Jinkzd. I appreciate your straight foward honest reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store