Epic Tank ! Triple Acrylic Set with Fish Bridge !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I agree. The tank looks amazing and ill give credit and kudos where/ when its due ( such as now). But unfortunately as many stated already where not critisizing the tank its self but the fish within... Because thats what the hobby is about. You seem to understand that some of those fish will need large tanks and require different diets and the such. In my opinion this tank is beyond perfect for some nano fish and invertabrates ;)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

EpicTanks

AC Members
Nov 30, 2013
Hater's gotta hate. Happy fish, healthy plants, pristine water... I don't see a problem. The fish at their current size are well within 150L stocking limits and I've installed an awesome filtration system that performs far beyond it's current load. There's no stress or aggression in the aquarium... So, not sure there's a basis for concern. The mixture of species is not common and i'm glad, It's a fascinating aquarium to observe not only because it's different but also because of the diversity inside the tank. The temperature of the water is within the approved range for each individual species, comparatively the quality of their water is far better than the air you and I breath ;) They love it.

When the fish outgrow the tank, they'll be deported to a larger habitat... Issue becomes irrelevant.

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
I guess you got a point... my friend had three goldfish in a 1 gallon tank for the longest time, and they swam around all happy, with no stress or aggression... never had the a problem with them outgrowing the tank either... must have been an ideal environment for them.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I guess you got a point... my friend had three goldfish in a 1 gallon tank for the longest time, and they swam around all happy, with no stress or aggression... never had the a problem with them outgrowing the tank either... must have been an ideal environment for them.
how did he know they were happy?

were they smiling their little goldfish smiles?

EpicTanks

AC Members
Nov 30, 2013
I think the following is a good overall indication of a happy fish.

1. Swim actively throughout the entire tank, not just hanging out or laying at the bottom, floating near the top or hiding behind plants and ornaments.
  2. Eat regularly and swim to the surface quickly at feeding time.
  3. Do not have white spots or blemishes on their body; do not have fins that are torn or ragged, and do not eyes that are bulging (unless you have a Bubble Eye Goldfish).
  4. Are expanding their gills regularly -- but not rapidly -- to take in water and oxygen
  5. Are brightly colored with vibrant scales
  6. Swim in clear, clean, odorless water

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Interesting tank design!!! Can you post some more details about the materials you used in the construction process, that is, acrylic thickness, bonding agents, etc.?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I like it...but at the same time I agree with bishop that the swimming room is going to be an issue. Having said that this is one of the most unique things I have ever seen in the fish world. Maybe change the stocking to nano fish?

Lizardking

Registered Member
Feb 24, 2008
Nice tank, wich would look fantastic with a large shoal of oryzias woworae instead of those common bread and butter fish you got there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store