fahrenheit 9/11

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cgrabe

AC Members
Jun 1, 2004
Virginia, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by ash
it doesn't have to be objective- it's just his viewpoint. At least it has people talking and questioning- our useless soundbite media sure the hell isn't.
It should at least try to look abjective when he tries to pass it off as a documentary.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by cgrabe
It should at least try to look abjective when he tries to pass it off as a documentary.
apparently he did, he keeps winning awards for 'best documentary'...
:eek:

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
A documentary is never unbiased. No matter how neutral it might seem, the filmmaker always puts in his/her own value judgements. Documentaries are no different than any other kind of filmmaking.

Though, in America, we're taught not to question documentaries or CNN.

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
I dont think Moore lies and manipulates the truth. I think its far too risky to put out a mass production of total lies. However, its what Bush and CNN does, so how can we be so sure? :D

I really liked the movie. I was so shocked when the 18 year old tank drivers said they pretended they were in a video game when they were killing people. I almost cried.

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
Slipknottin if you don't mind my asking- can you give me an example of why you think that? I'm not asking that in an argumentative way, I'm just curious. I mean there were some things in this film that I thought were unnecessary- like the bit at the beginning about the bin laden family- but then you have things like the obscured military records and the fact that one person in the entire body of congress has a child in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know- I guess I think that while I don't take what he says without a grain of salt I'm very happy that is being said. the atmosphere of 'criticize and you're a traitor' that was starting to build was terrifying to me.

Milton Friedman

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
Visit site
Micheal Moore "documentaries" are intentionally misleading and full of halftruths. When Moore's "documentaries" engage in intentionally edit speaches to change the context (i.e charlston Heston), using edited clips to give a false impression, making up facts, using partial satistics and the "documentary" being used by Hes Bu la (i think that is how u spell it) a terrorist organization as a propoganda tool raises a red flag at the validility of this film.. Yes every documentary has some bias and will ultimitally lean toward the authors point of view. Yet it is another thing to do what i listed above and call it a documentary.

Oh yes and by the way, he does hate America.

Snake Eyez

AC Members
Jun 14, 2004
Central Florida
Visit site
Planning on seeing the film, but not paying for it. I am not a fan of Moore, since I do not like the distortion of events that he does. I view his film as propaganda. I guess in the way that Moore's film is a documentary, then so is the Blair Witch Project.

I will also see the movie Michael Moore Hates America.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by ash
but then you have things like the obscured military records and the fact that one person in the entire body of congress has a child in Iraq and Afghanistan.
maybe you can explain why that matters?

I didnt know it was their choice wether their kids serve or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store