FallenAngel's Photo/Video Gallery

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
nice shots! loving that qt/hospital background.

sorry to hear that your grandpa passed away. sending you a big hug!

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
very nice tanks, beatiful fish :) and im so sorry about your grandad :(

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
12 Jan. Update

Over the last few days I've gathered up a few bits and pieces for the 25g.
I've added a background, some fine black gravel (but need more), another piece of driftwood, a (melted) crypt wendtii (which I'm assuming will grow back soon enough), and some guppy/stargrass. No, it's not SE Asian but it'll make the tank look a bit less bland until I get some more SE Asian plants.

Photos:

Slightly Re-Scaped 25g FTS

Stargrass in-between the driftwood

I also haven't updated on my axolotls for a very loooong time. So here is the tank at the moment:

The 2 parents are still happily living in the tank, while the 2 babies live in the net (so the parents can't eat them).

Mommy Axie

Babies:

One thing I did notice though, is that the albino baby may be picking on their sibling. The brown axolotl has a bit of its tail missing and possibly a leg. So I may have to purchase a divided separating net to prevent any further damage.

The 14g has been re-scaped, though the photo makes it look 10x worse than it actually is. I want to get some more Jungle Vals and other plants. Does anyone know how long it takes for the dwarf hairgrass to form a carpet?

I'm also considering changing the substrate.. Maybe more fine black gravel or maybe a different colour. I'm not 100% sure yet. But the white gravel isn't playing well with the fishes colours or look very good with the plants and the layout at the moment.

So... here's an FTS:

And that's all from me today.. Stay tuned for further rescapes and more plants in the 25g and 14g.

Thanks for reading & watching :dance:

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
those baby axies are so cute! as for dividing a breeder net, maybe a piece of craft mesh would work?

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if you think your hands could be steady enough, how about sewing a piece of cloth across the middle of the breeder net? 100% polyester only though, and ensure it is rinsed super duper well first.

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you new zealanders must have some pretty happening holidays! we're settled down in the 'january slump' here in igloo land already, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store