female betta breeding reaction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
I had to stop breeding them because they got ich and Im sure its from the clown pleco i put in there a week before this. Strange thing is that the male and female betta are in there living together and don't fight or anything and even sleep next to each other! I had no where to put her so i just tried how they would do together and its been 5 days and no probs so far! How long should i keep treating ich? Im on day 5 and using Victoria green and salt and gravel vacs every other day so i hope it works! It just really sucks cuz they were so close!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
treat for a week after you no longer see the ick

..please dont keep the female with the male, If they have ick they are to distracted to try and kill each other.

please please please read all the links I gave you..if you do not have the proper set up to breed them then wait until you do.

good luck with your fish.

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
Do you know if victoria green is a pretty good medication to use on ich, like is it really effective? I am not going to attempt to breed them for awhile now. He was pretty mad at me for wrecking his bubble nest and i think because of the ick he has not attempted to build it again or has no interest in breed and i think if i bred them with ick it wouldnt of worked and would have been cruel and i highly doubt the fry would have survived or been healthy. How long should i wait till i try again? I was think a month or two after the ich was even cleared. Another question i had was i saved the carbon out of the filter but now i was thinking, should i just throw it out? Its in water so the bacteria doesnt die but isnt it a good idea to change the filter after the ich is gone reguardless?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I don't use carbon so I cannot answer that, and i have never used any treatment for ick other than 2tbs salt per gallon and bumping temp to about 82, do normal water changes re adding the salt, treat until you can no longer see the ich..treat for two more weeks and done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store