Figure 8 puffer seems to went blind

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Any amount ot nitrite is toxic & unacceptable. If your test kit doesn't go down to 0 than it is no good Try Aquarium Pharm. test kit.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Will do, thanks.

Im happy to report that shes back to normal and even a little better. Her tummy is not as suken in and her tummy is always white. Seems like she had a internal parasite too.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I treated her with API General Cure. Its an anti-parasitic med that has Metronidazole in it.

It seemed to wrk fairly quick. We just sprinkled some of the powder on her krill while it was thawing and then fed it to her. Her tummy is is white now when she eats. She use to get a grey tummy after she ate, but she seems happier and is swimming around real quick like she use too. One side affect ive noticed is she isnt shy anymore and shes now chasing the flying fox around trying to eat him.LOL She even tried to eat my finger, she is usually very shy and hides. Good side affects i think, aside from chasing the flying fox.

Thanks Pufferpunk for the nitrite lesson, i didnt know that even .01mg /L is toxic. Im goin out to get a better test kit, the one i have now is Hagen.

Thanks again

aqua_expert19

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
my guess would just be stress from removing all her hiding spots and then large water changes and hands buggin her environment.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
we've had the flying fox for 4 mnths now and hes doin good, cept Huffy(F8) is chasing him when its dinner time. The ppl at the fish store said he should be ok in light brackish water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store