Figure 8 puffer seems to went blind

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
He is a FW fish. FW & BW fish should not be mixed. What is the SG of your "light" BW tank?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Are you using marine salt? 1.005 should be your goal for F8s.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
yup we are using marine salt.

quick question about that, ppl at the fish store say to use aquairum salt for brackish fish, why dont they tell ppl to use marine salt, does the 2 salts get the same results SG wise?

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
Dont trust ppl at lfs for one thing, a lot of them really havent a clue. Aquarium salt is basically just table salt, sodium chloride. Marine salt has a lot of salts and minerals in it. Brackish fish are from waters were freshwater and marine water mix. Freshwater is from your tap, marine water is from marine salt. If you do decide to switch do it very gradually just like you were starting from scratch.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
thanks for the info. Ya ive learned not to trust the lfs, its sad since thats all they sell. I had hope for hte new manager at my lfs, but hes the one that said to use a few tablespoons of aquarium salt and he labled dwarf puffers as brackish.

Im goin to keep giving her the marine salt, cause i figure its better for her. I was just curious about the differences.

Sorry pufferpunk, but the link doesnt come up right. Can you maybe PM it to me?

Thanks again guys

LoKeL

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Thanks. Doesn't make a good link but you get the idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store