Finally a BIGGER tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
Congrats on the upgrade, impressive tank size

What exactly are you going to be stocking this tank with?
I cant wait to see the progress of this beast
that many gallons you mine as well swim with your fish

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Lol thank you everyone for all the kind words, but I must apologize big time! Reason being: I made a gross miscalculation and a misprint on my original post and just caught it... 

The tank is 72"x30"x48" so it is only 400g not 485g like I originally thought, not to mention the typo which read "585g".

Either way it is 3.19 times bigger than I currently have, and I figure I can still get away with about 500g of total volume with the 135g sump 3/4 full, which is still a little more than 3.5 times my current size.

The sump will still house about 80g of bio media tho, which should keep up with almost any bioload possible with my fish for about 2-3 years.

The stock will be:
1 Silver Arowana
1 Red Bellied Pacu
1 Red Tail Catfish
1 Spotted Shoelnose Cat
1 Monoculous Peacock Bass
2 Tiger Oscars
1 Hi Fin Plecostomas
1 Freshwater Moray Eel
1 Goliath Tigerfish (a true Goliath)
1 Marbled Goby

I'm pretty excited to set it up!

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC

Don't mind how I look, this was after a 16 hour day and moving the tank twice with only 2 other people. Did I mention it weighs almost 600lbs empty?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Dude, that thing is big, that stand is going to hold 2 tons of stuff???

Last edited by a moderator:

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Ya the stand is 1/4" thick 1.5" angle iron, with tons of triangulation throughout.

But I work as a machinist and welder, basically a heavy equipment fabricator with a lot of machine work background, and I can rebuild it as I please at work and make it fit the 135g perfectly with better access to it.

Basically as long as there is triangles everywhere and it's thick enuff, it's good to go.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
I'm so stoked to have this thing you don't even know!

I have monster fish and I have always been able to adequately house them but lately the money situation has kept me from getting a bigger tank.

I have been looking literally since I got the 135g for an upgrade but this one just popped up.

You guys will never believe this but I got it from the owner of a LFS who has become a good friend of mine, and picked it up for an absolute STEAL!!!

You ready for it???

ONLY $300 FOR TANK AND STAND!!!
yep that's two zeros, not three, not to mention this thing has 3 built in overflows as well. It literally fell into my hands within 2 days.

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Only suggestion I'd have is to definitely plumb it lol Are you going to use tap water?? For that kind of stock I'd go with at least a semi open system with auto water changers for sure!! Good luck gary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store