Finally a BIGGER tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Lol, trust me, it is getting plumbed, and don't think I haven't thought about guppies lol, but my big guys really need a new home.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
...... speachless.. 300 for that tank? id be ALL over that! heck i may get another 55 tomm for 40 ( thats a steal for me ) but id rather have ONE tank and thats yours.. lol you are soooooo lucky!

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Tell me about it! But now it's a long road ahead setting it up. With a tank this large I don't just want to rush into setting it up. I want the plumbing, filtration, decoration, and woodworking to be perfect.

As much as I'm gonna love getting in the tank with my fish and seeing them in a whole new way, I don't want to be getting into it all the time just to move things or fix things if I don't have to 

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I'm so stoked to have this thing you don't even know!

I have monster fish and I have always been able to adequately house them but lately the money situation has kept me from getting a bigger tank.

I have been looking literally since I got the 135g for an upgrade but this one just popped up.

You guys will never believe this but I got it from the owner of a LFS who has become a good friend of mine, and picked it up for an absolute STEAL!!!

You ready for it???

ONLY $300 FOR TANK AND STAND!!!
yep that's two zeros, not three, not to mention this thing has 3 built in overflows as well. It literally fell into my hands within 2 days.
Are you serious????

Dude, I bought my 72G with everything for $250. But, even if I could have got that tank, my parents wouldn't of let me have it.

U r lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmilyMarie85

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
Boise, ID
Real Name
Emily
yep that's two zeros, not three, not to mention this thing has 3 built in overflows as well. It literally fell into my hands within 2 days.
You are SO lucky - that is awesome! I expect lots of pics when you get this setup :)

MichiganMan

AC Members
Sep 21, 2008
I'm assuming that will be on slab foundation?!!?

Side note, anyone have a big tank - say 75 gallons and up - stocked with lots of small to medium fish? Seems like it would be an impressive display, but all the big tanks I see tend to have big fish in them.

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
I think one of the most impressive tanks I've ever seen was a 10x2.5 heavily planted with 4,000 cardinal tetras Almost hypnotic in the way the school moved from one end to the other. Only other inhabitants was 4 albino cories lol I once kept a 125 with 75 halequins But I'm a BIG fan of small fish MUCH easier to maintain and you get to watch the "schooling" behaviour. Of course I'm also a plant freak lol

gary

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice pick up.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
You ready for it???

yep that's two zeros, not three...
I wasn't ready for that! Where were you able to pick it up for such a steal? (Don't answer if the word "steal" is actually applicable, lol)

...anyone have a big tank - say 75 gallons and up - stocked with lots of small to medium fish? Seems like it would be an impressive display, but all the big tanks I see tend to have big fish in them.
I'm setting up a 150g that I plan on stocking with African cichlids that all stay under 6", a few syno cats, and a pleco or two.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I'm assuming that will be on slab foundation?!!?

Side note, anyone have a big tank - say 75 gallons and up - stocked with lots of small to medium fish? Seems like it would be an impressive display, but all the big tanks I see tend to have big fish in them.
Dustinsfishtanks on youtube has a 75 of just neons and shrimp, he's a funny guy you should check out his videos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store