First Planted Tank-Walstad Style: Pic heavy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
sorry, still no pics. My computer is acting up and its not letting me upload the pics at this time.

JoeLaX28

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Ithaca, NY
Real Name
Joe
Can't wait to see pics!

I also started a Walstad about a week ago using the Organic Choice. I used gravel for the to layer though. What are water parameters like? Mine is still cycling hard core, though I suppose that's because I didn't sift it like you did.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
My Ammonia and Nitrite are at 0. My nitrates are around 10ppm. I don't know my pH, but I really need to find out. I was suprised that my tank seemed to cycle after only 3 days or so, extremly quickly. It might have been shorter, had I not lost so many plants. I like the look of sand, but cleaning it is a real pain!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Time for a LONG over due update. My tank is now doing much better and the plants are growing well. I got some cherry shrimp and they have been breeding like there is no tomorrow! I am planning on ordering some fish this weeked.

My cherries and many snails enjoying some algae tablet
003.JPG
007.JPG
Just some pics of my shrimp wandering around the tank.
005.JPG006.JPG002.JPG

Can anyone identify this plant? I got these out of a lake down in South Carolina. They look like tiny lily pads (1.5-2" across). It is growing pretty well in my tank. It sends out many smaller leaves and then the larger main leaf dissolves.
004.JPG

002.JPG 007.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 005.JPG 003.JPG

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Whoops! I totally forgot! :duh:

Here is my tank. It's not great, but its a lot better than it used to be.
qaa.JPG

qaa.JPG

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Thanks! I was really worried when I first set up the tank, but I am pretty happy with the results. Can anyone ID the plant in my last pic?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store