First Vivarium!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I keep trying to resist the urge to make a joke about giving your frogs crabs... lol.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
:rofl:

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
The more I read, the more I think my community set-up is falling apart at the seams! Well at least for the herps!
Been there, done that. I wanted an anole in my 10g, but it didn't end up working out because of how much water I have. :(

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Just to throw it out there, what about Dart Frogs? I don't entirely know what I want for the herps and I have a feeling it will be switching around quite a bit. I would like some variety and dart frogs at least have different color morphs right? Can they swim?

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Just to throw it out there, what about Dart Frogs? I don't entirely know what I want for the herps and I have a feeling it will be switching around quite a bit. I would like some variety and dart frogs at least have different color morphs right? Can they swim?
How deeps is your water area? I think some might end up drowning or whatnot.

Also, hybrids are frowned upon in the hobby. I wouldn't be mixing color moprh

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
How deeps is your water area? I think some might end up drowning or whatnot.

Also, hybrids are frowned upon in the hobby. I wouldn't be mixing color moprh
Well ok then! Nope! The water is going to be about 6-7 inches deep and I don't want to kill my frogs. Nor do I want to be frowned upon :lipssealedsmilie:! Honestly, I thought it was selective breeding, so I am glad you told me!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Well ok then! Nope! The water is going to be about 6-7 inches deep and I don't want to kill my frogs. Nor do I want to be frowned upon :lipssealedsmilie:! Honestly, I thought it was selective breeding, so I am glad you told me!

LOL! Yeah, I've been browsing also for ideas on my palu but most aren't gonna mix together. I almost ended up getting FBTs but I'm deathly afraid of froggies.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
LOL! Yeah, I've been browsing also for ideas on my palu but most aren't gonna mix together. I almost ended up getting FBTs but I'm deathly afraid of froggies.
Awe, they're so cute!

:frog: :frog: :frog:

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Great update!!!!

Update!!!!!!

After a wild goose chase last night I got a piece of glass cut to size! I think this is better described through pics so here goes!

Tank before!

One 36" by 12" piece of glass cut in two pieces. I only needed one but oh well!

Using a cutting block I held it up so I could put the silicone on the bottom. (or was it the top??????)

Wow, that looked a lot nicer when the picture was small!

Bottom is siliconed!

Now here comes the hard part, not getting silicone all over the bottom while I get it in place!

Above view, and yes I wanted it to be diagonal.
*Notice the little warning tag that says not to fill with water got "accidently" removed!

Not quite as messy as resealing the tank but not "clean" either! I also made a sponge filter, collected pebbles from around all the junk in my fish area and cut a piece of screen!

I can't wait to get this started! :grinyes:

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I hope to be able to start filling it Monday and at the same time I will do the false bottom!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store