fish are friends AND food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
So it's cool to say how good of a fishbait dog meat is?:devil:

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
for what? shark?

;)

Apr 2, 2002
New York
So this is better then?

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9248f3RCins&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9248f3RCins&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Why stop at fish. Dogs are friends and food too.
[/LIST]
I hear there still are some cannibal tribes in Papua New Guinea. So why not add humans to the list?

Opps, this is getting way off topic. Back to the fish...

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
so this is a place where we can post fish recipes and such ???

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Sure, I'd be interested in some good recipes for gamefish.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Excellent new forum! :thumbsup:

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
ah then I will have to get cooking for ya!!

I do have to tell you a fishing story. My first restaurant was called The Myrtle and Oak Cafe. It was focused on fresh never frozen seafood for the thursday to saturday evening menus. I would find out the fresh list on wed night and have my fish delivered thursday afternoon or morning.

One time they got barracuda in so I planned out a pan seared maple almond item. Did my first dish, it looked so fantastic. Put the fish in the holding oven so I could flambe deglaze the pan, reduced it and it came out as a top notch sauce. Plated the fish and poured over the sauce and sent it out.

Took less than 3 minutes and the dish came back. I was shocked. The dude said the sliced almonds were not edible.

It turns out that barracuda scales which look just like almonds release and detach from the fish when cooked ahhahahhhahhahahha. So here we had this killer drambuie reduced creme sauce where scales and almonds had a meeting.

The next order, I made sure the skin was not present on the dish.

So with this in mind give me a fish and I will give you a menu idea

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Weakfish and striped bass make for a very good meal! Of course most gamefish do.

My question for anyone to answer: Sea Robins; are they edible? I have been catching tons of them this year for some reason and not getting any Bluefish or Striped Bass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store