fish have feelings!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
lilsexyred:
actually no he isnt five.and i understand how he felt if you walked by a homless person who was sleeping in a computer box and you had a refrigerator box would you not give him the bigger box? He paid for his mistake with credit card and now he knows i just thought i would share my experience with everyone so they know what could happen if you tried to be some kind of betta rescue without any knowledge of the fish.

Hey...your Dad's heart was in the right place....

Chill:
Yup fish have feelings - the big fish was feeling hungry and now he's feeling full. Two feelings I'm very familar with.

Hehe..I would have to agree with that logic...

lilsexyred

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
albany ny
i just wanted to clear up i did not agree with keeping betta in small bowls i have 3 here at my house and 2 of them are in 1 gallon tanks 1 of them is in a 2 gallon tank i am thinking about stealing emg's idea and making my 10 gallon a betta tank for 4 as soon as i get my 44 gallon

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Lol Red.....that's not stealing.....it's a good idea and one I am happy to share.. :D

And I wouldn't dream of speaking ill of your dad for what he did.....I was raised to respect my elders and not to even THINK disrespectful thoughts of my parents for any reason. And besides....he learned a lesson all on his own without any of our input I might add...lol.... ;)

TheMightyQueenPixie

Best Invention EVER!
Apr 16, 2002
Barrie, ON. Canada
www.baycitybettas.com
Lil sexy: Your dads heart was in the right place...Sort of one of those good deeds gone horribly wrong...What is the saying "no good deed goes unpunished"?
Oh and comparing wild Bettas to the Betta splendens is like comparing Oscars to Guppys...The Splendens has been so selectively bred it barely resembles some of the wild Plakat, Coccina, etc....A splendens wouldnt last 2 mins in the wild...

Last edited:

jaylin

Don't ask if you don't want to know
Aug 14, 2005
Denver-ish Colorado.
Yup, the bettas you see at the store don't even look like the bettas in the wild.

The great betta debate. I'm sick of it. I can't see dedicating an entire 5-10 gal tank to one betta, but that's me. If someone else wants to do it, more power to them!

The title of this thread cracks me up! I just can't connect emotionally with fish. When one of mine dies, I think "bummer" and move on. Heck, I go fishing! I eat fish! ... they're fish!

If this sounds mean, then I suggest that the next time eat a buger you do it with a cow. It will really put things into perspective for you.

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
a buger or a burger? ;) Wild bettas differ from splendens in their finnage and coloration only, really. It is debatable, from what I understand, if spendens and imbellis are truly a separate species. So of course a big fancy crowntail isn't going to fare well in a rice paddy. But that doesn't mean that splendens can live well in a two ounce dribble of water or any of the idiotic contraptions marketed as betta housing. This arguement does get old but I see no reason for it to be offensive. If it annoys you that much I don't see why you take part.
edit- by the way I didn't mean that last bit to be as cranky as it sounds.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store