Fish Sanctuary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
wow big tank and cant wait to see pictures of it, Clyde looks good.
Sure, and I believe that it is a 35-Gallon. I'd have to check the dimensions to be sure. The substrate is kept moist, and the water bowl is missing in the pic. (It was cleaning day, and somebody likes to push his substrate into the bowl, lol)

Say hello to Bruce for me.
I shall, but Bruce doesn't seem to be doing very well lately. :(
I have to check on him now, but for the past three days he hasn't been acting very... normal. Hopefully it's just a phase or something, but all of the tank levels are fine, and so is everyone else in the tank. It would suck to lose Bruce!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
I just looked through the whole thread and well, I am totally thinking about this now :) lol. I would love to do small adoptions (not like the gar!) you know like small fish :)
and I am only 12 :(

hats off to you!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
I just looked through the whole thread and well, I am totally thinking about this now :) lol. I would love to do small adoptions (not like the gar!) you know like small fish :)
and I am only 12 :(

hats off to you!
How about a 24" Pacu? lol, pic below.
At one point in time, I did think about just taking in smaller fish, but there wasn't very many smaller fish in need of "rescuing", as opposed to big Oscars and what not. Sure, the smaller fish popped up every once in awhile, but not very often.
And I'm only 15; started the rescue when I was 14. It's a new learning experience, and gives you a chance to work with other species of fish. Got more into the hobby at age 8, and by age 10 I was "designing" my mother's tanks, and telling her different information on certain species. Start young, and hit any category that you can, lol. That's what I did, but then again, you do need parents that support you and the hobby. ;) I probably wouldn't know as much as I do now about all the certain species of fish or inverts (Even reptiles!) if it wasn't for the fact that my parents support what I do. But it is my only hobby after all.
It's classified as something "different", and I wouldn't give it up for the world. :D

150 006.jpg

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
hmmmmm lunch.
lol, and you're not the first to bring that up either. A friend of mine that breeds Cichlids told me the same thing. I can't eat a pet; I'm too nice, lol. :)

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
How about a 24" Pacu? lol, pic below.
At one point in time, I did think about just taking in smaller fish, but there wasn't very many smaller fish in need of "rescuing", as opposed to big Oscars and what not. Sure, the smaller fish popped up every once in awhile, but not very often.
And I'm only 15; started the rescue when I was 14. It's a new learning experience, and gives you a chance to work with other species of fish. Got more into the hobby at age 8, and by age 10 I was "designing" my mother's tanks, and telling her different information on certain species. Start young, and hit any category that you can, lol. That's what I did, but then again, you do need parents that support you and the hobby. ;) I probably wouldn't know as much as I do now about all the certain species of fish or inverts (Even reptiles!) if it wasn't for the fact that my parents support what I do. But it is my only hobby after all.
It's classified as something "different", and I wouldn't give it up for the world. :D
yeah but I had a look on a website for adopting pets in my area and a guy had 2x silver sharks, jewel cichlids, fantail goldfish and a betta in the one tank! I was like, "that betta would probably be better in my tank, but it would still get nipped". poor thing was pretty nipped looking :(
My mum doesn't 'do' fish, she doesn't like them :[. My dad just keeps fish, but never really monitors them, I guess he is a little bored of the hobby, although he did just get a new tank for his fish. I wish I could have a fish room, but DIY isn't my thing xD and my family aren't in the hobby like I said lol
Also, 'pug-face' is so cute :3

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
yeah but I had a look on a website for adopting pets in my area and a guy had 2x silver sharks, jewel cichlids, fantail goldfish and a betta in the one tank! I was like, "that betta would probably be better in my tank, but it would still get nipped". poor thing was pretty nipped looking :(
My mum doesn't 'do' fish, she doesn't like them :[. My dad just keeps fish, but never really monitors them, I guess he is a little bored of the hobby, although he did just get a new tank for his fish. I wish I could have a fish room, but DIY isn't my thing xD and my family aren't in the hobby like I said lol
Also, 'pug-face' is so cute :3
lol, as long as I do all of the work, my parents are OK with it.
Just had my family over the other day, and they all looked at him with different opinions. "Ugly", "Cute", but mostly "Big". :D
Awesome project! I tip my hat to you.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you, and I shall try. ;)

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
lol, as long as I do all of the work, my parents are OK with it.
Just had my family over the other day, and they all looked at him with different opinions. "Ugly", "Cute", but mostly "Big". :D
yeah I always say "can we PLEASE have a fishroom in the garage"
my dad "no." he is one of those people that is pretty grumpy lol but its probably because he works 13-14 hours a day 5 days a week, which sucks. how big is the wee guy? and any new guys :grinyes:

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
any updates? :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store