Fish Sanctuary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Rescued 2/18/10

Thanks guys. Here is another update I didn't post yet. Should be two more yet, then I'll post a NEW update on how all of the rescues are doing as of now. (Also, you can't see the previous update unless the skin of the site is set to a different, darker, color. Sorry about that...)
Update #4
Picked up some more rescues last night.
First we have a mix of community fish. The family had someone give them the tank for free, but they like Saltwater fish, so that's where I came into play, lol. Now, I'm not very good with naming Tetras, but I think I should know what they are;
3x Neons
3x Glowlight Tetras
3x Black Neons
Also...
1x Bushynose Pleco
1x Albino Cory fish
1x Peppered Coryfish
6x Glowfish
Lately I've been after all of the more exotic stuff, so going back to Tetras and other common community fish just doesn't feel right, lol.
Now, enough with the little stuff, time for a fairly decent sized )v(onster! Yet another JD, but this time a bit larger. About 8", to be exact. At first the two JDs were not getting along, as shown in the pictures, but as time went on the started to calm down a bit. He was actually from the same person that has the Tiger Ocsar. I knew that I would be back there for him eventually. They wanted Tetras and stuff, and after putting a bunch in with the JD he soon ate them all. An 'a dur' moment for me, but what ever makes them feel good I guess, lol.
And finally, pics. Got two of the Common Pleco rescue also.

Rescues 001.jpg Rescues 002.jpg Rescues 003.jpg Rescues 005.jpg Rescues 004.jpg Rescues 007.jpg Rescues 009.jpg Rescues 010.jpg Rescues 011.jpg Rescues 012.jpg Rescues 013.jpg Rescues 015.jpg Rescues 016.jpg Rescues 017.jpg

Last edited:

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Bullet 4" Rescued 2/21/10

Update #5
Looks like the two JDs maybe a male and female, although the larger would be the female... weird.

Anyway, here is the newest rescue. A 4" Red Tailed Shark. Too aggressive in his original home.

Shark 001.jpg Shark 002.jpg Shark 003.jpg

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
hats off to you man, that is awesome

great pics of the oscar

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Hoyo12, this is admirable and wish you nothing but the best in this noble endeavor. best wishes.
~Shawn
hats off to you man, that is awesome

great pics of the oscar
Thank you both. I appreciate the kind words.
Things are starting to get a little hectic. Looks like I will be rescuing about 50 fish in the next couple of days. Really need to get some tank donations going here, lol.
Next update.
Update #6
Got a new rescue today, unfortunately no pics yet. It is a 12" "Zebra Tilapia" that also has HITH. His previous tank was and is a 35-Gallon, but it gets better, it's a Hexagonal Tank! Less room then a regular rectangular tank! It gets better.
The water was absolutely disgusting! His black coloring matched the water! Could barely tell there was a fish in the tank, and even at such a small tank size! Now that ain't right, lol. These people have had him in the tank for 10 years, and said that he is very aggressive, and does not tolerate tank-mates. Now don't get me wrong, these people where very nice and thoughtful, gave me the entire tank+stand plus filter, powerhead, two air pumps, sinking pellets, light, cover, some rocks, a decoration, a Cichlid book, and some filter pads. Everything I needed for the tank. Great people, just not very good at keeping their tank clean...

I did a water change after filling it up all of the way, and the water has cleared up significantly, but still needs work. Hoping to make it look really nice, even with a big ugly Tilapia, lol. I was able to pull it off with Bruce.

Pictures tomorrow!!!!!
Next Day
Finally got pics. Had to do a few water changes... and... wipe the glass... and cover... and clean anything else that was included, lol.
Anyway, here is the 10 year old, 12" Tilapia b. (Tank still needs work
)

Tilapia 001.jpg Tilapia 002.jpg Tilapia 003.jpg Tilapia 004.jpg Tilapia 005.jpg

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
is it just my over-tired eyes, but looks like his left pectoral fin missing??

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
is it just my over-tired eyes, but looks like his left pectoral fin missing??
It's there. ;)
dude i love what your doin and that is an oscar id love hahaha but hes way to big
Thanks, and despite his size, he has to be one of my favorite rescues so far. Lots of personality. He also seems to be a lot more active than my other Oscar, which is a female Common Oscar, about 12" but she looks really small compared to this big guy, lol.

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Thought that I should post all of the Fish Rescue videos I have up on youtube. All should be in order, from the first rescue to the last. (So far)
[YT]YMa5CAFpPb8[/YT]
[YT]CosV0yk7dbs[/YT]
[YT]GDRG0jyAPuc[/YT]
[YT]DtAJq2W2UPM[/YT]
[YT]GyxUoza5n3w[/YT]
[YT]fbPki9_Sv68[/YT]
[YT]--uI23MyoiM[/YT]
[YT]Hih5hI0tyyc[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store