Fish Sanctuary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
any updates?? And your link in your signature dosen't work for me and also how many tanks do you have total?
Actually I do have an update!
And I have 18 different tanks ranging from 10-60 Gallons, 3 of which are not setup yet. (Recent donations, which is great!)
Update #7
On Sunday, 03-07-10, I went picked up some more rescues. Now, this time it isn't much, which is great! Saves me the space! lol
7 Platy ranging from 1/4"-1". The owner had a few, which multiplied, and she now have about 30, and she needed to get rid of a few. So we went over and took the few she wanted to get rid of. Just...smaller....than I'm used to, lol.
Here are the pics of the little guys...and gals. :) (Sorry about the crappy pics, had an issue trying to get them still, so I just used the flash)

Platy 001.jpg Platy 002.jpg Platy 003.jpg Platy 004.jpg Platy 005.jpg

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Pics not showing up for you? I may have to try and fix that...
The Koi did seem to be well cared for, and not having the owners permission to take them, we couldn't. Otherwise I would have!

EDIT: Hopefully they work now!
Thanks, ive been off for a little (mafia 65) and i can see the pics now. Poor sunfish...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
wow, thats a lot of rescues! So cool.

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Thanks, ive been off for a little (mafia 65) and i can see the pics now. Poor sunfish...
I agree...
wow, thats a lot of rescues! So cool.
Thanks. :)
This is a heart-warming story --thank you.
No, thank you. I appreciate the kind words. :)
Very nice work!
That red tail looked beautiful. Are you planning on rehoming any of these rescues? You are quite a ways from me but you never know.
That seems to be my issue, lol. Once I pickup the rescue I become... "attached", which is obvisouly a BIG issue. I know that I need to find a bigger home for the Tilapia, and should probably rehome the Tetras, etc. As for the Cichlids, I'm trying to breed them, and adopt out the fry to help pay for this, but first I need to get a Non-Profit Orginization setup before I can take money donations or adopt out fish with an adoption fee. Lots of work to get done yet. ;)

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Update #8
Got a bunch of new rescues yesterday, and some supplies donations. (Filters, heater, decorations, 2x 10-Gallons, 35-Gallon, lights, gravel, etc.) This guy had a planted 75-Gallon tank that he has had up and running for a few years now. He is leaving for 6 months for his job, and doesn't want his wife to have to put up with the maintenance of the tank. (How sweet, lol) He figured that if he just got rid of the fish, he could buy new ones once he gets back. And seems how he didn't want to flush them all, he got a hold of me.

Now, I'm going to name off the stock the best I can. Not used to community fish, lol, so this might be a train wreck...
Around 10x Cherry Shrimp
3x Hyphessobrycon callistus
2x Balloon Mollies
1x Kissing Gourami
4x Coryfish (One looks like a Peppered, others not sure)
10+ Golden Mollies (Looks like a mix, he said he has bred them and raised them over the years. Looks like Sailfins and regulars... some look like Guppy hybrids, but with a Golden coloration)
1x Swordtail
2x Octo Cats
Think I got them all...
They are in a temporary 10-Gallon until I either setup the 35-Gallon or 55-Gallon.

Rescues 001.jpg Rescues 002.jpg Rescues 003.jpg Rescues 004.jpg Rescues 005.jpg Rescues 006.jpg Rescues 007.jpg Rescues 008.jpg Rescues 009.jpg Rescues 010.jpg Rescues 012.jpg Rescues 011.jpg

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
This is such a great thing you are doing.

On behalf of the rescues I would like to say thank you.

I would also like to say thank you for doing this on behalf of myself.

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
This is such a great thing you are doing.

On behalf of the rescues I would like to say thank you.

I would also like to say thank you for doing this on behalf of myself.
lol, thank you.
I would also like to add that the group of Cichlids we rescued have spawned a few times, and finally I got the fry to live for more than 2 weeks now! :headbang2:lol, the eggs would never hatch out, but I'm starting to get a hang of this and now have 9 fry swimming around in a 10-Gallon. Pics later. The female also has more in her mouth, I will strip the fry in a day or two.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
this is such a nice thing that you're doing. I've personally always wanted to do something like this myself, I've just never had the resources. Good luck with your endeavor! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store