fish that shoudn't be sold

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SharkBait

Crazed Photographer
Feb 28, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.adadsadventures.ca
Camera Used
Nikon D7100
I liked it when I saw some little girl point at a dead fish, and the sales person said it was sleeping upside down.

The mother wanted to by that "sleeping" fish cause her daughter thought it was cute.

I've too have seen people buy fish cause they had "shark" in the name or they looked cool.

Oh well.

Our local PetCetra likes to keep their dead fish in the tank for a while. *shrug*

Think our local BigAls does a much nicer job :)

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Shekoi, don't bash...

1: I'm not getting rid of my Angels. They're the reason I got the tank!!! The tetras are window-dressing.

2: The goldfish that are in the 20 gallon are there because they're being treated for Ich.

3: I will be selling/giving away my Koi once he gets too big.

4: Frogs and salamanders breathe air. The guppies are for them to eat.

5: Like the guppies in the 10 gallon, the guppies in the 20 gallon are for food (they were added when I still had pictus catfish).

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
fine if guppies are for food!

even if they do breathe air they like room!!

the angels will get to big and end up attacking each other untill you only have 1 left. and they will eat the tetras, or kill them trying.

still the pl*cos are too big they have to be rehoused or taken back.

where the goldies going once they have recovered then?

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
According to everything I've read the salamanders have plenty of room.

I have hand angelfish before and never had problems with them unless they had just laid eggs. They are eventually getting a bigger tank but right now I'm exactly three days from being unemployed so it's not going to be this weekend!

We' ve had that pleco for six years. Housed with another pleco in a similar sized tank (I agree that is HIGHLY overcrowded, but we had no choice)

The goldfish are going in the floor tank once I am absolutely sure they are ich free (at least a month after the visable parasites disappear). By then the Koi will surely have been moved.

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
sorry about your job

i have same problem at moment, long summer no money and wanting everything.

the floor tank is still to small for commons.

please take the plecos back, get store credit and buy a filter for the 45gallon.
could do same with angels the buy some back once you have a bigger tank.

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I'm not getting rid of my big pleco. It's technically my dad's so I can't even if I wanted to. I would consider moving the Angels to the 20-long but that tank still has ich (I'm not putting $6 angelfish in an infected tank!!!) I may sell one of my small plecos once they are recovered. I can't sell the commons (I paid 20 cents apiece for them) until they are big.

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
the pleco will become stunted and die a painfull death, hope you enjoy watching it.

the 20gallon is still to small for any angels really, take them back get the store credit and then save up for bigger tank. it's cheaper in long run, because if up leave it while saving up the fish will die and you'll have new big tank and no fish to put in them.

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
All I have to say is one thing.... A dead fish or two is not going to scare me away from fish-keeping, what will is people who try to tell me what I can and can't do. As for your info, I'll take it under adivsement.

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
i'm not trying to tell you what to do i'm giving advise, thats the whole point of these forums, so we can help each other.

A dead fish or two is not going to scare me away from fish-keeping,
sounds like you've got money to throw away now!!!

Trolling trolling trolling.......get that user Trolling.....trolling trolling...TROLL HIGH
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: what you on tonight??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store