FOWLR predator tank questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
aahh ok i thought the lionfish might spend more time in the upper regions not the lower regions in that case ill stick with the hawkfish.

and also i think ill go with the knock-off HOB dual skimmer along with the AC110 refugium mod because id rather be over filtered and over skimmed than under especially on my first predator tank. since the AC110 and the skimmer will have a combined flow of around 1000gph i might drop the powerheads to MAYBE one k2 if not only a k1 unless you think dual k2 or k1 would be a better option.

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
thanks cam.

and this project may be bumped up to a 46g bowfront tank that i found on CL earlier for a pretty decent price just waiting for a reply from the seller on a finaly price and when i can come look at it.

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
ok new plan i just picked up a 46g bowfront that i will be filling up tomorrow and tossing in the 3 large rocks that came with it that are currently sitting in a bucket of water with a powerhead going in it. im just gonna leave those 3 rocks in it plus 2 from my aquapod until my good LFS opens back up again because they have good rock at really good prices compared to everywhere else around here

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
just got home from buying ~38g of water. i have 24g of it mixing right now in 2 totes. i also bought a 30lb bag of aragonite dry sand. im gonna put all of it in there with the current sand and when i setup my 5g ill just steal some lol.

once i put all/most of the water in im gonna put the new sand in and let it sit for a few hours to settle then put in the 3 large rocks i got from the guy and a k1 just for some water movement and then tomorrow or the next day ill take the 2 rocks in my aquapod that i want in this tank.

also does anybody know where to buy a glass top for this bowfront tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store