Frag Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
He lives near Long Beach, California. Just south of LA. Ya, all you need is the right weather.. southern cali and florida are both excellent places for outdoor frag farming. www.orafarm.com is in florida and I have many of their corals.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
well hey, im in florida. its a cool idea to think about, but i always see ads in craigslist for frags sold out of the home. id have a tank full of coral and a wallet full of dust here...

all the LFS's around here have custom built frag tanks. if you went to a reef shop im sure you could find out some good info about who makes theirs, if you asked

Last edited:

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
PM or WM are the only two CA reactors people tell me I should buy... The WM one isn't even out yet but is supposed to be released this month. WM was in a booth right across from my reef clubs booth at the last frag show I was at and I was very impressed with their CA reactors and Skimmers they had on display.

PM=Precision Marine
WM=Warner Marine

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Nothing right now.. I just dose Kalkwasser from my auto top off and pour in about 30ml each of B-Ionic a day. CA reactor and a chiller are my next major purchases.. next month with the tax refund. I want to get the WM reactor but people in my club tell me I am crazy, it is way too much for my tank. Which they are right, it is rated for 300G, but it is soooo cool. 3 chamber, one of them is a built in phosphate reactor. I think it is going to run $375 for just the reactor, then you need the CO2 bottle and regulator.

The PM one is what 90% of the people in my club have and swear by it. It is better suited for my size tank so I will probably go this route.. I just like new things on the market, especially from well respected vendors with Warner Marine.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
I've got a chiller and not sure I'll ever need it but I have it. You can buy a lot of B-Ionic for the cost of a reactor. :) The PM comes in a complete kit from what I read.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store