Frag Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Well, I got that first tank and will pick it up tomorrow. Should have it set up and ready by Wednesday or Thursday. I did buy, and they are on hold for me, several corals. New Corals Wish me luck. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I really want a piece of that Galaxy LE Alien Eye.. awesome coloring. Just so you know, those corals in that link you posted are considered one of the slowest growing coral. You may see 1" a year in diameter growth from echinophyllias. They are also some of the most expensive as far as corals go. I seen the owner of the LFS I work at pay over $500 for a 1"x1" square of the normal Steve Tyree Alien Eyes, I can't imagine what that Galaxy one goes for.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Thanks Ace, but as you can see the frag I'll be receiving isn't all that big. And as you stated they grow slow. Galaxy wasn't cheap nor was the Bubble Gum, but they were cheaper than if I had bought them from World Wide Corals. I'll be adding stuff I buy to that same link as time goes by. It's easier for me to update that web page than to upload here and try to put in descriptions. Thanks for the compliments. Too bad I can't PM or email you.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
A 250w MH on that tank is way overkill, but can be used as long as you keep it raised up high enough. Seems like a lot of wasted electricity though.
What would you suggest for a light over that 24" sq. frag tank?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Wow, awesome, you're really stocking up!

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Well, I was at my LFS the other day and just had to add this to my fish collection. A Flame Hawk. He's fun to watch now that he's getting over being shy.

Flame-Hawk-01.jpg

Flame-Hawk-02.jpg

Flame-Hawk-03.jpg

Flame-Hawk-01.jpg Flame-Hawk-02.jpg Flame-Hawk-03.jpg

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Here's my latest addition to my frag collection. A multicolored Ricordia. It's already starting to split. My buddy Dennis (LFSO) sold it to me for the same price he would sell a single head for. I also added a cleaner shrimp but he skittered off into the rocks and all I can see of him is his long whiskers.

015-sm.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store