Fresh/brackish water moray

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Yes, I agree. Some of those fish might do fine in low brackish setups (the mollies will be fine) but fish like gouramis, cories and loaches do not tolerate extended exposure to salt very well (it is fine for short term medical treatments). A separate tank is the best idea.

lucky_ducky

AC Members
Mar 22, 2005
India
i have separated my cories, platy and albino red fin sharks, right now they are adjusting with goldies, soon i m expecting another tank. then i can separate out the eel.

weldingfreak

Registered Member
Dec 11, 2004
well If you use one cup of marine salt per 5 gal water you will have 1.005 on the tester. also the eels like small meaty foods in small bites it isll swallow it like a snake wil, it can't chew muchl

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
At what size would you introduce them to a full marine environment? Aren't a lot of brackish fish pretty much in an inmature phase on transition to a full marine or f.w. environment? Just curious they had a pretty cool looking f.w. moray at my lfs and thought hmm wonder how fw. you really are. I was planning on putting it in my 50 gal s.w. tank would there be a problem? I've succesfully kept mollies in full strength s.w. and was sort thinking the eel might help me out a bit with molly population controle,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store