FW Moray

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Bucho said:
Hopefully no one here will consider themselves an expert on anything and will be willing to consider the views and opinions of others.
I consider RTR and TKOs experts :D ... umm anyways, good luck on your tank buddy, and do get some tank mates like mayhaps... a FW lion fish?

ineedabox

Slash
Jan 31, 2005
riiiight here
Thanks for the luck man, and I have heard about the FW Lion, but dont know much about them. I didnt mean to be a smartass to you by the way, there's just been some stress lately and blah blah blah, but anyways, I guess I need to just go ahead and start cycling the tank. Gah! Now I gotta move more crap around in my room!!

Seaman

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp salad etc...
May 22, 2004
Im like air im everywhere (Dallas, TX)
just becareful how fast you raise the SG, otherwise it will render your cycle useless by killing all the bacteria, do it slowly over a couple week period...like 3weeks. JMHO

ineedabox

Slash
Jan 31, 2005
riiiight here
Thanks very much.

Should I go ahead and put just a bit in after like a week or so?

Seaman

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp salad etc...
May 22, 2004
Im like air im everywhere (Dallas, TX)
Actually It would be eaiser to just raise the SG to the proper level THEN cycle the tank not the other way around (I shoulda thought about that one!). And I bet if you could get some filter gunk out of a SW tank, perhaps at your LFS that would speed things up IMMENSLY!!

ineedabox

Slash
Jan 31, 2005
riiiight here
Cool. I guess I could do that....as appetizing as that sounds. So I guess Ill try and get started on that tomorrow. So I'm gonna need a uh...hydrometer? Is that what it's called?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Yes, a hydrometer is one tool useful for measuring the SG of saltwater. You will definatley need one when mixing change water and setting the tank to the proper starting level.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Ummm...Actually, if the eel is currently in FW, you're better off cycling the tank fresh, adding the eel, then gradually reasing the salinity so the eel can acclimate as the salinity rises.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Yea, refractometers are better by the way. And make sure you get a MARINE refractometer/hydrometer... there are many people that have bought ones for urine, wine, and blood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store