Gecko Tank Under Construction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks guys! I just put a second coat of tile grout on most of it. The process seems like it's taking forever but I'm pretty picky about how it looks. I want to put at least one more coat on it and then I will pop it in the tank. Updated photos will have to wait until I run out to get more batteries for my camera.

nx2ured

AC Members
Dec 25, 2007
East TN
The way you carved your background just gave me an idea for my next dart tank! What are you going to cover it with?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
The way you carved your background just gave me an idea for my next dart tank! What are you going to cover it with?
I'm covering it with tile grout and while it's wet I'm sprinkling playsand on it. I'm going to make something similar for my crested gecko next but after I put a coat of tile grout on it I will cover it with a layer of coco bark.

I'm glad you like the design. In the wild leopard geckos live under flat stones on rocky slopes so I thought I'd make this as natural as possible for them. I wanted little shelves for them to lay in.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I like the look of it, it kind of reminds me of those weathered, layered rocks you see in Australia or Africa. Good luck with the build VF! Nice drum set too, I like the double basses, are they yours?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks guys. I still need to run out and get some batteries for my camera so you can see the new progress.

Nice drum set too, I like the double basses, are they yours?
Thanks. No they're not mine, they're my wife's. I'm not very good at playing them but I try to.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
where are the pics? Hmmmmmmm?
Ok, just to make jinkz happy I took a quick pic with my camera right before the batteries officially died. The whole thing has one coat of grout on it. The top 3/4 has a second coat of grout on it, that's why it's darker. It's a long process, I'll probably finish putting the second coat on tonight.

Wall.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store