Gecko Tank Under Construction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks everyone. It's definitely coming along, slow but surely!

you should start sellin those, i would buy.......... 3 :D
Lol, yeah I was thinking about that, but they are somewhat fragile. I'd be afraid they would break during shipping. Plus it's pretty darn heavy!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks everyone. It's definitely coming along, slow but surely!

Lol, yeah I was thinking about that, but they are somewhat fragile. I'd be afraid they would break during shipping. Plus it's pretty darn heavy!
with all that grout on it i bet it would bet it is verry heavy!!!

lookn' good!!!

good luck!!!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Sorry it's been a while folks!

Anyways, I painted the whole front and sides with 3 coats of buff colored tile grout mixed with playsand. While it was still wet I lightly sprinkled a coating of playsand over it.

After drying for 2 days it was time to put the cage together. I put a couple pieces of ceramic tile on the bottom. It disperses the heat better from the under tank heater.

And here's the tank with all the deco finally stuck in it. I placed in a bunch of large, flat stones and added screened playsand to the cracks to keep things from shifting. It's not completely finished, I'm still moving some stuff around until I get it to where I want it. I also want to add some type of hanging plant for the top right corner. Yes, those are real plants. One is an aloe and the other is a type of Snake Plant. They geckos seem very interested in their new tank. They've checked out just about every nook and cranny!

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Awesome set up bro! Want to come over and set up my 180?

Wow so you got a wife who is hot AND plays the drums!!!! Is there anything you DONT have? LOL

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Wow VF, that's really awesome. As nice as that driftwood is, I still feel like its obscuring all the awesome work you did on the back. Really well done!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store