Getting Serious This Time

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sy229

"Did someone say fish for Dinner?"
Dec 12, 2007
Central Florida
Hello Everyone!

As a kid I grew up tending to a 10-gallon freshwater tank with mollies, guppies, and the like.

Eventually I 'graduated' to a 29-gallon tank with Cichlids, but shut it down a few years ago when we started the house renovation.

More recently I got the itch again and decided to go all out (at least all out for me). I bought a used 220 gallon setup from a local Craig's List seller (a good method to buy/sell local tanks by the way) and moved it to the garage until my wife and I could finish preparing the location for the tank.

We tore down the inner wall of what used to be a bedroom closet to open it up to our combined dining room and kitchen area.

The cherry wood cabinet sat a little low for my liking (I wanted to be able to stand and look straight into the tank), so I built a base platform out of 4x4's stacked two high and 'sandwiched' between 3/4" plywood sheets, top and bottom.

I was VERY tempted to go salt water this time, but I couldn't bear the thought of losing a tankful of expensive fish, rock, coral to my own ignorance of marine caretaking. Sooo, freshwater it is.

I've now got the tank in place, with just the plumbing and a few other things to tend to before I can get it wet - Can't wait! :dance2:

flapper12

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
Temple, Texas
:welcome:Welcome to the AC, you should stop by the chat sometime. Thats awesome!!! Make sure you post pics when you're getting it set up. :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Oh, you must post pictures. :drool:

:welcome:

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Hello.........:welcome: Keep em comeing.........:)

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
welcome! and omg! thats awesome! please show more!

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
Hello and Welcome, I know the trials of house revnovations, but form the pics it looks like a beautiful house, can't wait to see the house finished and the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store