GEV's CP's!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Halloween to Valentine's day is the general rule. Since you're in Cali you would probably be able to grow them outside beyond that time or in a terrarium although you do have to condition them before dormancy. I would put them on a window sill that stays cool but still get some decent sunlight.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh ok. Well then I suppose on the TV stand is the best spot since my window faces south and well gets direct sunlight. Also were having a heat wave so away from the windows is best. So do I even want to attempt to put them in a terrarium or not??? Halloween after all is just around the corner. Wow so Ill only have 1 CP to enjoy during the winter??? Wack lol

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I think the terrarium really depend on the humidity. If it stays around 50%ish, you probably don't have to worry about it.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
If you grow them in standing water (recommended) the evaporation will probably cause the humidity in the tank to rise a bit above the ambient humidity of your area.
:iagree:

I would recommend partially covering the top too.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
You'd want to transition them first. Going from indoor right to sun would stress them out too much especially in your area of the country. And that heat would be too much IMO at least for the capensis. The VFT and Sarr might be able to adapt to it eventually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store