goldfish boo-boo?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
okay. i think it's working now. sorry. i never saw that attatchment system before. i'm off to bed now. i will check back tomorrow

GetAttachment[1].jpg

jlink17

AC Members
Mar 15, 2009
Wow! That is bad. I had a chinese algae eater that got like that and within a few hours he was stiff and could hardly move and then died shortly thereafter.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
okay. i think it's working now. sorry. i never saw that attatchment system before. i'm off to bed now. i will check back tomorrow
It's really a severe case and I for one believe it's bacterial infection. Without the water parameters however, it is hard to say if it is ammonia burn. Normally, ammonia intoxication doesn't happen like that. It would take a dangerously high level of ammonia to result like that and it can be deactivated by low pH (below 7) as it is converted into ammonium. I'd try to put this one under quarantine and treat with Maracyn and Maracyn 2. We need the water parameters first.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Im sorry to say it.. but that goldfish's chances are slim right now

its not possible to keep the water parameters pristine for him to heal in a tank that size.. unless daily water changes are being done

its very sad when family members dont listen.. or they think that we over-research our hobbies

my grandfather acctually things that I stress my fish out by changing their water weekly, and that they are going to die because of my over-cleaning lol

get them in a bigger tank if you can ASAP... but if something isnt one NOW.. they arent gonna make it.. those fish are already stunted.. and it will only get worse

you say they are 2.5" long?
my bet is that they are more like 4" long on the inside

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
i think i can convince her to take a bigger tank by the end of summer.
I'm real sorry about these fish. Krissy, that's a few more months away... under those conditions.. even with daily water changes, these fish are not going to survive that long.

I wish there were something we could do to help.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
okay, well thanks. i'll do what i can. they live kinda farish away and i don't have a car. i'll talk to her again when she gets off work and see what i can do.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
well, the fish is still alive and seems to be improving

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store