goldfish boo-boo?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
added a teeny bit of salt(one teaspoon), cut back feeding a bit, upped the filtration(added a hob). my mom was going to go buy medication but figured trying the salt thing might help(she did some research on her own and that is what she came up with. she asked me and i said might as well try it). i know everyone is going to say salt doesn't do anything but it seems to be clearing up the infection/injury. they now have 2 hob's and a sponge filter. so probably at least 25-30g worth of filtration.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
added a teeny bit of salt(one teaspoon), cut back feeding a bit, upped the filtration(added a hob). my mom was going to go buy medication but figured trying the salt thing might help(she did some research on her own and that is what she came up with. she asked me and i said might as well try it). i know everyone is going to say salt doesn't do anything but it seems to be clearing up the infection/injury. they now have 2 hob's and a sponge filter. so probably at least 25-30g worth of filtration.
If it works for you, that's good for you, Krissy. What's important is adding up your experience to the knowledge base and the health of the fish. It's not all the time particular treatments work in all similar situations and we must face that. It's part of the reality.

Good to know their conditions have improved! Did your mother agree finally to a tank upgrade?

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
not yet. she thinks it will take up too much room so i'm going to go looking around for somewhere i could put a bigger tank for her that won't be in the way of anything else, but where they can still enjoy it. i think she is worried that her home will get over-run with tanks like mine has.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store