Goodbye

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Is it really helpful to say "this community is no longer entertaining me?" If this community has been of value to people in the past, they might try driving a revival effort before just giving up. This place is whatever the people here make of it. Not seeing interesting thread topics? Try posting some!
The community isn't the forum... it's the people who inhabit it.

people new to the site are invariably looking for help or assistance, the established members are generally looking to help people or just to interact with fellow hobbyists.

the forum is competing with other social media for members, and it's easier to interact with friends elsewhere.

And it's clear to see the attitude of a lot of people who need the assistance, which doesn't lend itself to people hanging around here to offer advice.

A lot of things that had historically added value to sticking around, competitions and chat for example, have now gone. the forums advertise a convention from 2013, competitions haven't been run since 2012, who knows when there was last a post of any relevance from the admin.

If people want to share and have activity, it's easier to go somewhere that shows signs of life rather than staying somewhere that looks like a ghost town.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal

psyche

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
So, people asking for advice are boring, but experienced users posting about what interests them won't fix the problem. But instead of just leaving one chooses to post repeatedly about leaving. Goldilocks syndrome?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
So, people asking for advice are boring, but experienced users posting about what interests them won't fix the problem. But instead of just leaving one chooses to post repeatedly about leaving. Goldilocks syndrome?
Just what do you want out of Aquaria Central?

personally I can find help and assistance far easier (and I dare say from more experienced people) outside of AC than I can within.

People with bunches of experience have been banned and made to feel unwelcome here.

Perhaps it's time for the owners to step in and do something about this and try to get people to want to stay here. Or maybe work out their priorities and give AC a little direction. In this day and age there's nothing to distinguish this forum from the million and one others on the internet.

meh... I stick around for the people... not for anything fish related. If I happen to give someone advice, it's not because I came here to do so.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I'm startin' to feel like I've been reduced to countin' on my fingers...

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store