Got a 10g to play with.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Jpap, I found that set of links very interesting. They show quite a diversity of cichlics and the part about how a simple sandhead washing up across a sone bed can separate a group of one species for generations and cause them to no longer recognize each other as the same species years later if and when is washes away rejoining the area was mind boggling. I see now why being so "anal" about this setup can be something a person would want to do for good reason. :)

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
LOL! It's ok, nerds are cool now. We can stop hiding it!:lol:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hey pappy i want to thank you i have been wanting to see the full length video for some time and i didnt know it was on youtube cool now i need to find the DVD and i will be in nerd heaven hehehe fish geeks rule..

thanks philo yeah the common practice of the famous AK carriers of rebels in africa which is the reason i would have a hard time going but under the protection of a guide is where your life is put in trust i have a hard time with that one, heheehe..

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Ya, I think the guides "protect" you by telling you to get down and shut up. If that fails, they run and leave you behind I've heard, LOL!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Mindcrime wrote:
Ya, I think the guides "protect" you by telling you to get down and shut up. If that fails, they run and leave you behind I've heard, LOL!

hehehe yeah if they dont push you down themselves to save their own butts..

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
As they say... You don't have to be faster than the sharks, just be faster than the guy you're swimming with! LOL!!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
As they say... You don't have to be faster than the sharks, just be faster than the guy you're swimming with! LOL!!
off topic but u posted at 333!! OMG da devil is comming afta me lol:evil_lol:

Philosophos

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
So I'm off to the LFS today. I've decided to get some aragonite for buffering. I considered the peppered eco-complete cichlid substrate, but when I think of it, most of lake TK is white sand. I've seen shots of peppered too, but for all my research and photos, never seen pure black sand. I figured it would be easier to pepper the sand or cover it in rock rather than trying to introduce a new substrate later if I've messed up. After this and a heavy cleaning of the 10g, it's back to the documentary n' crap.

Also of note, is that I was talking to my father last night on skype. He did a little research of his own for me, and found this link:
http://www.fao.org/fi/oldsite/ltr/PUB2.HTM

I haven't looked at it outside of scanning a couple journals, but there's a huge pile of info in them. Most of the papers seem to be 100+ pages long. The focus is more from sustainable fisheries than anything, but there's an ecological concern to the thing. I'm hoping it'll turn up some good stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store