got2envy's Rimless 10g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Yes I FW tested it for 2 days..I really don't think the hood does anything as far as support ...it just fits loosely on top.
I believe the glass is thicker than the standard 10g as well, maybe 5mm...and it is braced differently on the bottom than the standard 10g tanks (Marineland, AGA)

Jaykit

Means To An End
Feb 4, 2009
Alberta
very nice!

(you are sure it is able to with stand the weight of the water once filled?)
I have a 55 gallon rimless from hagen. I bought it used 2 years ago and still holding strong so a 10 should last forever. Its an amazing tank and not the standard 55g size either. You can see pictures of it here, although no rim shots. The canopy just slides right over the top. http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210905

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
IT"S ALIVE!! ALIVE!!! muhahahahahaha *cough* :yuck:

I only added 5lbs of sand...filled with 4g of water from my 29g and the rest fresh NSW.
Waiting for the water to heat up a bit for the rock :p:
And boooo! went to hook up my HOB and it is missing a part that covers the impellar, I looked all over and can't find it <_< I have piles of fish crap haha so I am using the JBJ pico filter and just ordered another HOB from DFS. They don't sell that part and I
this filter with the surface skimmer.

I now added another 5lbs of sand and I can't see shiz lol

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Fantastic looking tank. It looks much bigger than it is.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
love it, cant wait to see you work your magic, and that rock looks very well cured man. i have a feeling thats gonna be a very clean tank

Last edited:

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Fantastic looking tank. It looks much bigger than it is.
Thanks!! wow! it does from the pictures haha

love it, cant wait to see you work your magic, and that rock looks very well cured man. i have a feeling thats gonna be a very clean tank
Thanks Conski! I am doing a Caribbean biotope...gargonians, sea whips, sponges, Fl. Ricordia....:D

What fishy are you putting in here?
I am confuzzled about this...hard decision...but to keep with the Caribbean theme I was thinking these choices:
4x masked gobies
or
2x jawfish
or
3x blue reef chromis
or
3x chalk bass
or
4x blue neon gobies
If I get the gobies I would do one larger fish..royal gramma or peppermint basslet (if I can find one)

what do u guys and gals think?

I Ate A Cake

AC Members
Nov 2, 2009
Colorado
I say 3 or 4 Green Banded Gobies, personally.

Ahh, reminds me of my old 10G. Fun size tank. What HOB did you buy for this tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store