got2envy's Rimless 10g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

I Ate A Cake

AC Members
Nov 2, 2009
Colorado
Yeah GBG's are pretty rare. I think I have only found some in one store around me... and that was once. But they are my favorite nano goby.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I am confuzzled about this...hard decision...but to keep with the Caribbean theme I was thinking these choices:
4x masked gobies
or
2x jawfish
or
3x blue reef chromis
or
3x chalk bass
or
4x blue neon gobies
If I get the gobies I would do one larger fish..royal gramma or peppermint basslet (if I can find one)

what do u guys and gals think?
Glad there are "or" in between each option and not "and", lol. I would stick with gobies and 1 swimming fish, like 2-3 neon gobies, a masked goby, and 1 swimming fish like the chalk bass or royal gramma. I thought Chalk bass had to be by themselves, didn't know you could "school" them, but I don't have much experience with them other than seeing them at the LFS. Chromis I think are a bad idea for that size tank, just my opinion. Jawfish.. ummm, major jumpers, so you would have to do something for a top on the tank to stop that.

I know your trying for a specific region for your fish so my ideas wouldn't fit your plan but this would be what I would put in a 10G, 2 Yasha Gobies, pistol shrimp, 2 neon gobies, maybe a watchman goby, and a pair of cardinals. Sounds like a lot but they are small fish. Again, I understand that isn't the direction you want to go.. just throwing out ideas. :)

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Glad there are "or" in between each option and not "and", lol. I would stick with gobies and 1 swimming fish, like 2-3 neon gobies, a masked goby, and 1 swimming fish like the chalk bass or royal gramma. I thought Chalk bass had to be by themselves, didn't know you could "school" them, but I don't have much experience with them other than seeing them at the LFS. Chromis I think are a bad idea for that size tank, just my opinion. Jawfish.. ummm, major jumpers, so you would have to do something for a top on the tank to stop that.

I know your trying for a specific region for your fish so my ideas wouldn't fit your plan but this would be what I would put in a 10G, 2 Yasha Gobies, pistol shrimp, 2 neon gobies, maybe a watchman goby, and a pair of cardinals. Sounds like a lot but they are small fish. Again, I understand that isn't the direction you want to go.. just throwing out ideas. :)
wow! thanks Ace :D
Yep I put the "or" cause I knew someone would get the wrong idea :duh:

How about flame cardinals? I really want to stay with the Caribbean theme...so I will probally do the gobies and 1 larger fish...I really like the swissguard basslet.I already have a royal gramma in my 125g and a cherub pygmy angel in my 29g...Yes Chalk bass are schooling fish...who knew :huh:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
you and those rics lol

Oct 22, 2009
buffalo
looks good!!!!!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Thanks guys!!
Ok here are pix

cool purple/lavender sponge...I have never seen this color so I had to have it lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store