Gravel on top of flourite?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
ok so you think iron and flourish will do? (I'm also using flourish excel) I'll find some online or something

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
why dont you start out easy and use seachem. see where this all takes you.
this way you can see if its what you want. start growing your plants and watch for signs of nutrient deficiencies.
then you can start to enjoy your planted tank and it will give you more time to do some research

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
flourish excel, flourish comprehensive, flourish trace, and flourish iron.

i would use all 4 to start things out.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
if i were to give a list it would be the flourish (not excel since you're already adding carbon) for micros, nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous. for now at least you might not need iron with your substrate being partially fluorite. if you overfeed you may not need phosphorous. if you stock high (most people do) you might not need the nitrogen.

it really depends on your water source, stocking, feeding habits, plants, etc. if you are going to go with estimative index dosing you may want to have all of them handy. if you test often you should know what you have in your tank. if you do you can easily find acceptable and/or suggested levels for everything. if you do that you'll have a good idea what you need to do in no time.

imo, testing as much as you can and making sure your micros are available will give you your best chance for success and best understanding of your specific water chemistry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store