Gravel to sand change!!! Pictures included

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
My filter isn't working know! I took it out and their was no sand, the water level is down and inch and a half. I'm adding water tomorrow (I tested the water with my parents pool test kit and it still had some chlorine)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
I don't know anything about cichlids and whether they would try to eat the snails. MTS also have hard shells and trapdoors so most things can't/don't eat them. They're very small snails, only about a 1/2 inch long and slender so I don't think they'd tip well. :)

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
MTS are often usually more active at night after lights out. I've noticed in my tank with larger fish that I never see them during the day. I think they would be fine with your fish because they would be most active and feeding while the cichlids sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
The bearded dragons have some aggression but from the previous owner they said they've been together all their life. They stay separate from each other most of the time.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

f1sleepy

AC Members
Mar 25, 2012
Southern CA
Real Name
James
You need to disrupt the sand bed on a regular basis in order to prevent the build up of bacteria and subsequently, toxic gas. Doing so will help dislodge a lot of the smaller solid waste to eventually be sucked up by your filter. It's also a good idea to use a gravel vac to clean the sand. Just hold it far enough away from the sand not to suck up too much. You will inevitably vac out some of the sand, but with a little practice you will be able to keep it to a minimum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store