Grins' 55g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Welcome back:D
Your tank is awesome and I love the clowns.
Robbie

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
They've also been good dither fish to get the others out in the open. Goofballs that they are. The dogs were hilarious when they spotted them, I asked them "fishies where are the fishies" and then glanced over at the tank then did a double take and cocked their heads as if to say "whoa! Where did those little bumblebee fish come from?"
Hahaha, they definitely are. The way they swim is so amusing. Although I get tired just watching them, the way they flap like crazy and swim around makes me feel like I am getting a work out too. Are they T.R. and people friendly? I used to only have a damsel in my tank and it always hide when I came near (except when it saw food). My clown is totally different and is very aggressive in its attempts to get attention. Probably my most active and fearless fish in all my tanks.

I know my cats would act like your dogs if my tank was in a better location. In order to see the fish they have to be picked up. I once picked up Buster (my male tabby) so he could see the tank. My clownfish thought my cat meant food and was darting about the tank. Buster got dizzy watching her xD He was a bit wobbly when I placed him down.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Bah, the ones that a LFS here finally got in were a wimpy red and white version, nowhere near as glorious as your's. I'd love a RBTA but I'm too afraid it would travel and my powerheads need covered before I'd risk one anyways.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
If you do get a nem, I would suggest looking around for a nice chunk of LR with a good sized hole in the middle. Maybe a hole about 4 inches around.

I put my BTA in such a rock in my last tank and it never moved. Then, I moved the rock to the new tank and 3 or 4 months later, he's still there.

I think they like the hole for their foot.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The rock with the colony featherdusters on it has a hole just like that. But we'll see, I'm in no rush to get them an anemone. They were using a finger leather as a host before but I don't want leathers in the tank so passed on it.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
The tank is looking Great! I love those shrooms!
yes mines has it's foot deep in a LR hole and hasn't moved from that rock since I got it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store