Grins' 55g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
feed it twice a week and it shall be humongous soon..if u look at my new tank pix, mine is taking up one side of my tank..i wish it would split haha

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
There is a guy in my reef club who was "breeding" his nem.. He said if you take like an exacto knife and just lightly nick the foot it will start splitting within an hour. I don't know if I would want to try it that way but he currently has 17 RBTA's floating around ND that survived the process and are still thriving. Thats the mother colony I was telling you about..

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'd say, that stretching photo of your's is a puzzler. I really did try to avoid getting one but have of course been reading up on them and seeing that my tank is stable and the lights and flow are right I thought now would be a good time before I fill the rocks too much with corals.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
All the fish have checked it out. I'm hoping the clowns wait until it is bigger if they do decide to bond with it. The funniest reaction of all though was from George the Goby, I'm telling you he is the least colorful fish but has the most colorful character. He was out sifting the top layer of sand and caught it out of the corner of his eye and did a double take. Not just a little glance but a noticable doubletake and then swam up to it looking while he tossed sand in his mouth. goofball.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
All the fish have checked it out. I'm hoping the clowns wait until it is bigger if they do decide to bond with it. The funniest reaction of all though was from George the Goby, I'm telling you he is the least colorful fish but has the most colorful character. He was out sifting the top layer of sand and caught it out of the corner of his eye and did a double take. Not just a little glance but a noticable doubletake and then swam up to it looking while he tossed sand in his mouth. goofball.
My goby has actually been coming out more since LaVerne got banished. But I'm feeling so sorry for her down in the sump.. She just stares out the plexiglass and swishes her tail back and forth like I'll be good I promise.. Wish I could trust that swish.. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store