Grins' 55g Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
That was quite a story there Grins! Glad everything is working out well for you ... hopefully your fish will soon get their release from fishy prison and will be swimming around in the main tank soon!

I love the colors on the feather duster you got there ... absolutely gorgeous! On and the porcelain grab is beautiful as well!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the whole setup, with stand and stuff!

Cheers!
Yash

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Great thread Grins. The tank has come a long way as you point out. Really nice corals. Can't wait to see the pics for your cabinetry. So you got rid of your Tunze???
No, we are keeping the Tunze and got rid of the sump that won't fit it. We're building the sump ourselves and the Tunze will get a place of honor in it. =)

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yeah Grins, give us some idea of your stand design and pics as it is built would be great too! There are some on here with some woodskills and that might be really helpful.

Did your bubble coral open up yet and show off his bubbles? How's the Slimer today, hopefully not as slimey. LOL
The slimer is happy with little green polpys. It will be even happier when I trade the MJs for Koralias. You can see some slime in the photo but it is from last night, I need to get it out.

The bubble is opening, still small but it's alive =) Unfortunately some of the slime traveled over and burned a bit on the top, you can see that in the top right here.

And in case you are curious, this is the coloration of the zoa that Shaun gave me

And those little spirals? Those are the spirobid worms that people see as specs on their glass and wonder what they are.

I'll post photos of the continued stand build as soon as I can convince my son to to help with it again. :perv:

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I need an intervention...

someone tell me that I need to wait at least 6 weeks to release the fish from fishie prison (QT). By 6 weeks I'm talking about when they first went in and the tank went fallow. Which would work to 4-5 weeks after last seeing an sign of ich on the fish in QT.

Last edited:

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Well, 6 weeks is the minimum. 8 weeks is even better.

So yeah, don't push the 6 weeks. Tangs are especially prone to ich, and you have one, so...don't go there, girlfriend, uh-uh!

Looking good, though! I like the write up! And I'm sure your tang will be fine in the 55g. You don't have much rock in there, so there's plenty o' swimming room for him/her!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store