Grin's Happy Birthday Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
Grrrr...I found a blasted asterina eating through the tissue on my undata tonight before lights out. Why couldn't it have found one of the less expensive SPSs near it?
What else do they eat? I saw one on the glass the other day but now I cant find it

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
bummer! isn't that the way it always happens....i still laugh when i see the first pic (craiglist) of the original tank :grinyes: and now it is an awesome reef! :drool:
yes what do they eat cause lately i have seen them on my glass..it was missing 2 arms hah!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Its missing 2 arms because it split and made a new star. Some eat corals some eat algae. I have ones that stick to the glass so I consider those safe. I've found an occasional one on zoas and removed them but this was the first case of one on SPS in my tank. Poor undata is still small so the damage is noticable. :cry:

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
i don't honestly think they care, if you like it up there keep it there. all 3 of mine are attached to rock and i didn't put them there. you've seen the red duster and the 2 hawaiian's that are spawn of one of the dusters my meanie clowns killed grew out of my LR... but that being said all 3 of my dusters seem to have actually grown their tubes out of the LR...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store