Grin's Happy Birthday Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rxdoc_85

AC Members
Mar 9, 2008
st. louis, missouri
grins, sorry to hear about the asterina. i just got some corals, and i think i saw one on the zoas, but i didn't know what it was so i just left it. now i've read your post, done a google image search, and i'm pretty sure that's what i saw, and of course it's now gone. grrr.... hopefully i'll see it and can FLUSH IT...MUAHAHAHAHA:devil:

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
good luck with that! I haven't started pulling them when I see them yet, but they're all over my tank. I wasn't sure what they were for the longest time. When I say all over, I don't really mean all over, but I do see them all the time. Maybe I'll start pulling them. Now where did I put those tweezers.....

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
Grins, if I were you, I'd avoid those. They'll eat your other starfish too.

And then you'd have to keep buying them a starfish every week or two. Bleeehhhh

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I just read that you have to put one in there, not that you needed to chop it up! :jaw: Horrors! They sure are pretty though.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Thats an option too, but to avoid having to constantly buy starfish many seem to keep a few in the refugium and chop off a leg when they feed the shrimp. Premise being that you'll have an endless supply since they will regenerate the arm/leg.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
makes sense. but. :barf:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store