Hair Algae Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
Dosing Excel on top of Vals is not the best option. If I wanted to kill them then I would just pull them out.

There is also some BBA on my java ferns now, which is hard to see but I see it. I trimed as much of the infected areas as I could on the vals (pretty much cut them in half)

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
I don't believe that this is hair algae. H.A.= light green color and as fine as hair and likes to grow in floating strands...this is why one can grab a bunch and gently pull it away from the plants. It is not embedded into the leaves of the plants.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
I am hoping that now that it is UP that I will start to see an improvement. Also I almost gassed my fish. I fix my spraybar so that there is little to no surface aggitation and reset the DC. Turned the Co2 up to where I use to and by the end of the night Noticed all my fish at the top of the surface gasping. I plugged up the powerhead and unplugged the Co2 and all got better. Figured out now that I have to no surface aggitation I have to tone down the Co2

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
I am hoping that now that it is UP that I will start to see an improvement. Also I almost gassed my fish. I fix my spraybar so that there is little to no surface aggitation and reset the DC. Turned the Co2 up to where I use to and by the end of the night Noticed all my fish at the top of the surface gasping. I plugged up the powerhead and unplugged the Co2 and all got better. Figured out now that I have to no surface aggitation I have to tone down the Co2
wow great catch. I made this mistake and lost all the fish in my tank. I came back two hours after my lights went off (**** you new harry potter movie) and they were already dead. I was pretty mad at myself for a while about the whole situation. Now i have my spray bar pointed toward the surface to get a gentile current in my tank. All i had to do was increase the co2 rate a tad but it was well worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store