Has anyone trimmed a orandas cap?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

acevudoo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2008
Chicago
holee molee... im not sure i got the sand fer that!!

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
update - my vet did the wen trim on 2 of my orandas he didnt charge and used it as a training experience for his staff to observe he did the trim they just watched. well i will NEVER have this done again. my favorite oranda died shortly after the 'surgery' i fell horrible and am so upset i even had this done. the other oranda is doing ok. my other 6 orandas i am not having trimmed i have set them up a special tank where they cant hit hard objects and get around fine and are eating sinking pellets just fine. i will never buy another oranda goldfish they are beautiful but when the growth spurt on that wen starts it grows fast and it just disables them. PLEASE reconsider having this done before you do it my best favorite oranda is now dead because of my choice to 'fix' him.

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
That's why you learn to do it yourself. You will be much more careful with your own fish. If you just lost one it could have had underlying issues that may have caused issues in the future.

Wen trimming is safe and people do it all the time, just check out the other forums and you'll find plenty of people doing it themselves with great success.

caseyface

AC Members
May 13, 2008
Arizona
Will all Orandas wen grow over their eyes? And how do you not spread infection in your tank after the fish went thru the procedure? Maybe a sick tank? Hmm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store