Hello folks! Need some advice on starting up in the hobby.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
And because we are keeping them in a glass box it is up to us to provide for them the best way we can. But it is very sad for a person with a supposed 30 years of experience to tell newbies that cycling with fish then flushing them down the toilet when you are done with them is a good thing to do. And by the way euthanasia has never even been mentioned by Tando. He simply says to flush them when done.

I must go now and flush some hamster and drown some kitties. I am done with them for now.

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
I don't care if he's been keeping fish for 30 years, obviously he still has a LOT to learn. The DAY I decide, "well gee little fish, I'm finished using you, say hello to the sewage treatment plant for me!" is the day I'll stop buying fish to imprison in my little glass boxes. I pride myself on giving my fish, even the cheap ones, with the very best care I know how to provide. The notion of throwing one in the toilet that I no longer need is disgusting. Euthanasia is indeed part of husbandry, but that fate is reserved for the terminally ill, that cannot be helped. If we were talking about fish that had no hope of survival, then yes, putting them down is the responsible thing to do. This guy is talking about murder though, pure and simple. Try doing that with puppies, you go to jail. Just cuz it doesn't wag a tail or sit in your lap, that doesn't make it less worthy of living.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I don't care if he's been keeping fish for 30 years, obviously he still has a LOT to learn.
My point exactly, you don't care about anyone's apinion but your own, and would rather see this forum lose someone with 30 years experience than exercise a little tact. I have many other things to say, but will send them via pm and put a stop to this discussion (at least for my part ) on this thread.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Way off track.

I simply requested that the concept of disposable fish not be advocated, particularly in the newbie forums. End of story. As a moderator, I do have the right to make that request, just as I have the right to request that people not advocate keeping 10 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank.

Locking this. Sorry it got so far out of hand. OG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store