HELP ASAP ASAP ASAP!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
lets see. the black ghost knife two blood parrots,2 harlequins, one dwarf rainbow, 1 Congo tetra, 5 strawberry tetras, 3 Siamese algae eaters, 1 leopard pleco, 2 neons,3 rummy noses, 1 serpea tetra, 1 betta, 3 tiger barbs two green barbs,3 cherry barbs, 2 golden barbs, 1 tricolour shark, 2 rainbow sharks, 3 angel fish

here is a few pics of it
most likely one of the sharks or the tiger barbs.

also you do not have large enough schools for most fo yuor fish, and should consider increasing them.

Sammie7

Get funky wit it!
May 28, 2006
Florida
Last edited:

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
trust me its not a bubble eye his eyes or now eye it looking straight up " looking up into the heavens" created by monks in Tibet. There are no sacs. I know we did have larger schools but about a month ago fish just started dying off like crazy ( had a mini cycle) I havent had time to go get more fish.

llamabob

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm shocked your rainbows do not fight yet? When they grow up, you're gonna have trouble.

And as someone else said, your schools are low.

I'm guessing the eye was from an envirenment accident, but could have been attacked.

chunkoblue

AC Members
Nov 26, 2006
Glenwood, IL
he is not a bubble eye he doesnt have big bubbles around his eyes he is a celestial eye
Celestials have protruding eyes that point upward towards the surface of the water... Perhaps they sold it to you under the wrong name? Anyways, as long as he/she doesn't look too stressed I wouldn't worry too much. Since there is no current infection (we're just trying to prevent one) I suppose just about any antibiotic would be good. Tetracycline, Maracyn I and II come to mind....

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
no the have never fought. all that i have read never said that they were aggressive i have had them for about a year and never had a problem. i know i need to restock i am just paying off christmas bills and then i will get back on the bandwagon :) but what antibiotic should i give him to prevent infection or does it not matter

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
Originally Posted by jamieandrich
he is not a bubble eye he doesnt have big bubbles around his eyes he is a celestial eye

Celestials have protruding eyes that point upward towards the surface of the water... Perhaps they sold it to you under the wrong name?

he does have eyes that look straight up

BlueJax

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Haha! This post is hilarious!

Instead of helping you're arguing over what type of fish it is!

Basically mate, your fish will be fine. Use whatever you like to prevent any infection and then forget about the problem. All fish have a lateral line system, which is essentially an electrical field around their bodies that picks up on interferences to this field and allows the fish to move away from (in the case of predators) or towards (in the case of food) the objects in the field. This is why fish live so well in low-light aquatic environments. Your goldfish is not going to have a big problem once it adjusts to having only one eye, as the lateral line system will still warn it of objects on the blind side.

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Another possibility is the Chinese Algae Eaters. . .. I had a small one once attack a shubunkin (I know, early days of fishkeeping) and take out a fin and chunk of body. .. she lived 'til I got home and had to euthanize her. CAE's can get quite aggressive.
Best of luck--antibiotics, hospital, frequent water changes, and your goldie should be fine!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store