HELP cichlid problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC Members
Jun 2, 2010
water is 82 degrees feed 2 times a day some times throw couple of fish in there to eat and 20% water change every week

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Many tanks are 4 feet long. One of the easiest to find and most affordable is a 55 gallon. To limited aggression I would rehome the auratus. You can also add more mbuna and more hiding places to the tank. This gives fleeing fish a place to hide. By adding more fish the aggression is spread out so no one fish gets singled out.

AC Members
Jun 2, 2010
soyour saying if iget a 55 gallon put tons of hidding places and to leave the auratus in the 30 gallon/ then could i put more auratus in with it

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
No in a tank that size the auratus would kill one another until only 1 was left.

I would rehome the auratus. Take it back to the pet store.
Then get a 55 gallon fill it with lots of rocks/hiding places then add your red zebra and yellow lab and add more of both species. In a 55 gallon you are looking at about 15 fish give or take. You could add another species with the zebras and labs. Something like rusty cichlids, or some type of afra.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store