HELP!!! How to save a fishtank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sammysaddiction

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
Sounds like you've gotten good advice, so I won't throw anymore out there. But, from one with two plates and 16 screws in his left ankle from a mishap two years ago, I'm feeling for you! Best wishes!
Holy! WOW the doctors made it seem like a plate with 8 screws was super bad; I can't imagine two plates and 16 screws. OMG the pain you must have been in! I woke up from my second surgery literally screaming it felt like I was on fire.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
It's gonna give off a tint for some time. I have noticed that it goes away much faster if you grow moss on it.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Great read ..glad things are looking up.
as for the driftwood..I rather like the tea stained water..but then I like blackwater fishes. ;)

flyinggig

AC Members
Jan 7, 2012
Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
Real Name
Greg
Glad to hear things are looking up. :headbang2:

DougsGraphics

Returning hobbyist
Dec 10, 2011
New Mexico
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Doug
Holy! WOW the doctors made it seem like a plate with 8 screws was super bad; I can't imagine two plates and 16 screws. OMG the pain you must have been in! I woke up from my second surgery literally screaming it felt like I was on fire.
Yeah, one wrong step for Doug, one (or two?) new Mercedes for the bone doc! The doc took one look at the X-ray and told me it was bad (ER doc had let me believe it wasn't bad). The night after surgery was AWFUL -- they couldn't give me enough morphine! When I finally got the drugs working right, I think I gladly slept right through a few days. I guess I should feel pretty good that I can even walk. Running is not recommended, but I can and have done it. I have some bad arthritis to look forward to, but what can you do?

Hope all is looking up for you.

Sammysaddiction

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
OMG I will NEVER ever forget the surgery pain!

I had two surgeries. My first one wasn't that bad. I had to wait 3 days to have my second surgery. I didn't sleep at all during those first 5 days after my fall. I think I managed to get 4 20 minute naps in a day. It was painful and sooo uncomfortable. All the shattered bones that used to be in my ankle were at the top of my foot. Not to mention my leg. Oh yea, I broke my leg and shattered my ankle!

Needless to say I was excited the day of my surgery. I couldnt wait to get it done. I woke up screaming! Literally screaming. I never knew that pain could be that intense. I felt like my entire leg from the broken bone down to my ankle was literally on fire. The nurse was giving me a shot every 5 minutes, a perc every 30 minutes, plus I had my pain pump which was every 4 minutes. Everything I did and said was a blur. The nurse kept talking to me trying to distract me. I remember at one point she said, hunny I know its horrible but you need to try to breath. You've pushed the button on your pain pump 300 times in the past 60 seconds. I never knew I could move my thumb that fast! When the pain came down to the point where I wasn't screaming they sent me back to my room. I begged and cried for hours for them to help me. Keep in mind I do have a high threshold for pain, that's how bad this was! FINALLY the doctor gave me neurotin which was a miracle to me. Of course it didn't get id of my pain but it calmed down my nerves so much that I was able to handle it a little better. A few hours later I was even able to sleep. Neurotin makes you very very tired. I was on it for 3 weeks. If I missed it the burning pain would come back. Thankfully it was never as bad as it was that first day. The thing about neurotin is that it makes you SLEEP! I only woke up to go to the bathroom and when my husband forced me to eat for those first 3 weeks. I was on complete total bedrest for 2 months! Oh... did I forget to tell you that I tore all the ligaments in my other ankle??

I fell down concrete porch steps with my ankles slamming down on the concrete sidewalk and the rest of my body after.

This winter has been SOOOOO hard on me! The pain that had been gone since July is back. Thankfully not as bad but whenever the cold hits my leg, OMG! And it's true what they say, I can sense weather changes and rain!

I don't care what anyone says childbirth is not the worst pain in the world. It doesn't even compare.

DougsGraphics

Returning hobbyist
Dec 10, 2011
New Mexico
www.flickr.com
Real Name
Doug
Unfortunately, I can relate. I don't like being inactive and the pain was awful. I finally worked out a combo of the drugs that allowed me to sleep through life for about a week. That was 3 years ago now. I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. At least I didn't do anything to the ligaments -- just a number on my fibula and tibia. I have to go through metal detectors a lot at work. That's always fun! Hang in there, and it will get better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store